ACCELERATE: The Amazing Tourism Mentoring Program encourages everyone from start-up entrepreneurs right through to seasoned business owners and operators to take a leap outside their comfort zone in a supportive and enabling environment.
The Program is designed to provide expert advice and business support, creating a bespoke, education pathway at all stages of your tourism enterprise.
The program is a collaborative partnership between GSCORE and the Amazing South Coast Tourism Incorporated and launched in October 2019 with workshops, guest presenters, activities, networking, and one-on-one mentoring, designed to enhance tourism capability and encourage your innovative ideas.
Is It For Me?
The Amazing Tourism Mentoring Program is perfect for you if…
• You are thinking about starting a tourism business, but don’t know where to start
• You are a brand new or newly established tourism business and need help to grow
• You are an existing tourism business looking to innovate to increase market share
• You have a tourism event idea and need assistance to make it happen
What are the programs?
There are three programs available, each designed for businesses at different stages of growth:
- Tourism PREP – for start-ups and businesses wanting to develop a new product or service
- Tourism ACE – for businesses in the early years of establishment wanting to improve their marketing know-how
- Tourism MATES – for established businesses wanting to engage in the trade market (inbound operators, wholesalers, etc)
What Does It Cost?
GSCORE, in partnership with the Lower Great Southern Economic Alliance, is delighted to announce that a significant funding agreement with the WA state government’s Regional New Industries Fund (RNIF) means that until June 2020 this expert program will be available for just $500 +GST per module. Each program will operate for a period of 6 months. Mentees will have access to practical resources, business support and one-on-one tourism advice valued at over $3,600 per module.
How do I apply?
A limited number of places are available, and applications will be assessed via a competitive Expression of Interest (EOI) process. The first intake of businesses occurred in October 2019 and the second intake will occur in March 2020. Expressions of Interest are NOW OPEN. Click here to download your Application Form (PDF).
To be eligible, all prospective candidates must currently own, operate or manage; or intend to operate, a tourism business in the Lower Great Southern region, defined as the local government regions of Denmark, Albany, Plantagenet and Jerramungup.
This project has been developed as a partnership between the following organisations: