An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Marketing Officer to join our team for a fixed-term contract to assist in developing and delivering destination marketing campaigns in partnership with tourism businesses and other stakeholders.
Skills & Experience
- Qualifications in media, public relations, communications or marketing
- Experience in a public relations, media or marketing environment, preferably in a tourism context
- Knowledge of digital marketing and communications platforms
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of the tourism industry; preferably with experience delivering cooperative marketing activity and relationship management with tourism partners
- Ability to communicate clearly and creatively across a range of communication styles
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to different types of people across a range of different stakeholder groups
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing and executing marketing and promotional campaigns across all media platforms.
- Social Media: Planning and executing a social media strategy.
- EDMs: Coordinating ongoing EDMs, including managing the stakeholder database and newsletters.
- Website management: Constantly reviewing and maintaining website content to ensure that it aligns with marketing activity and promotions.
- Events: Preparing and distributing promotional material for events and assisting with event logistics.
- Working collaboratively to develop tourism networks and securing cooperative marketing opportunities with industry operators.
- Content: Producing high quality written content for digital and press use, and sourcing images for advertisement and website purposes.
- Providing desktop publishing support to the team.
- Tracking, measuring and analysing campaign results
- Start ASAP
- Up to 4 days per week, 6-month fixed-term contract
- Salary $55,000 – $60,000 per annum full-time equivalent, pro-rata (plus 9.5% superannuation)
- Australian citizens or permanent residents only
How to Apply
Please review the Position Description. For Enquiries please contact Dr Lenore Lyons on 08 9892 0113.
Closing date: 4 December 2019. Your application should include a 2-page cover letter which addresses the Selection Criteria; and an up-to-date resume of now more than five pages which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role.