An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Training Coordinator to join our team for a fixed-term contract to assist in developing and delivering training programs that will enhance skills, talent and entrepreneurship capability among tourism businesses in the Lower Great Southern region.
Our goal is to encourage and support tourism start-ups and mature businesses to create new and compelling visitor experiences that lift visitation and brand visibility and thereby support and amplify the region’s destination marketing efforts.
Skills & Experience
• Five years’ or equivalent experience as a trainer or instructor, preferably in a tourism, business or community development context
• Experience in designing and delivering training programs and courses.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus and the ability to negotiate win-win outcomes.
• Good written and verbal communication skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically to maximise the delivery of the project.
• Ability to organise and prioritise a varied workload, and work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Post-secondary qualification in training and/or experience working in a relevant field is desirable.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Identify the training and development needs of the tourism sector through appraisal and consultation with stakeholders.
• Design and develop the training resources and materials – this would include training notes and presentations, training materials and methodologies, e-learning materials, etc.
• Deliver training and/or identify suitable trainers and speakers for training events.
• Market and promote the training program.
• Conduct evaluation after training events and use the results of the evaluation to introduce continuous improvement to training programs.
• Start ASAP
• 0.6FTE (3 days per week), 10-month fixed-term contract
• Salary $70,000 per annum FTE, pro-rata (plus 9.5% superannuation)
• Australian citizens or permanent residents only
How to Apply
Please review the Job Description. For Enquiries please contact Dr Lenore Lyons on 08 9892 0113.
Closing date: 31 May 2019. Your application should include a 2-page cover letter which addresses the Selection Criteria; and an up-to-date resume of now more than five pages which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role.